The simple answer to this is YES! LED light therapy really does work.
LED treatments have been around for years with countless clinical studies evaluating the clinical benefits of LED light therapy.
Dr.R.Geln Calderhead, a world leading experts in LED therapy states in a published article, (LED’s) are “emerging from the mists of black magic as a solid medico-scientific modality, with a substantial build-up of corroborative bodies of evidence for its efficacy and elucidation of the modes of action. Reports are appearing for many different specialities; however, of particular interest to plastic surgeons treating the ageing face is a proven action of LED on skin cells in both the epidermis and dermis and enhanced blood flow. Thus, LED is a safe and effective stand-alone therapy for patients.” (Clin Plast Surg. 2016 Jul;43(3):541-50. doi: 10.1016/j.cps.2016.03.011)
LED therapy is A HOT TOPIC in the industry at the moment and a big part of that is LED light therapy masks.
There are many different mask available on the market today, but how do you know they are delivering the correct intensity of light? The correct wavelength? And are safe?
A few things to ensure:
– Is the mask support by its own clinical studies?
– Does the mask cover the neck as well as the face?
– What results are others getting with the mask?
– Where is the mask made?
– Is the mask a worldwide brand or just UK?
This will help you make an informed choice; and remember things are normally cheaper for reason!
What else to look for when considering an LED face mask?
– Some clients may not like the mask to rest on them; they could be slightly claustrophobic, or they could feel uncomfortable with the weight of mask directly on them.
– Make sure your mask has a suitable stand to take the weight and allow you to give your clients a comfortable treatment
– Does the mask have galvanic current? Many LED masks also have galvanic current built in, but you need to make sure your clients are not going find this uncomfortable
– A micro galvanic current will deliver results without being uncomfortable and will decrease the risk of galvanic burns.
In order to maximise results, especially when using the systems for skin rejuvenation, you need something to work alongside the galvanic current such as a serum or a hydrogel mask. The ingredients of the hydrogel mask are then absorbed by the skin enhancing results and giving what is often described as that “Hollywood glow”
One key final thing is that LED light therapy is a safe and effective treatment that causes a natural reaction and likened to the photosynthesis of a plant, triggering the body to convert light energy to cell energy. The treatments are quick and painless with no downtime.